11 February 2010

My first Toy Society drop

I can't remember how I stumbled across The Toy Society, but after reading their blog I was immediately inspired and motivated to make my own little toy to leave for an unsuspecting child to discover. What a bloody beautiful concept - spreading love through handmade toys, surreptitiously left in public places for others to find.

I wanted to have a go myself so started off with something small - one of my giraffe baby rattles. I left him in a local park (however I would have preferred to take the toy home and leave my son there on this particular morning; you will note the small cranky boy in the background having a tantrum because I didn't pack the correct assortment of snacks. Shame on me.).

Fingers crossed that my toy is found! I'll be keeping a keen eye on The Toy Society's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment