15 June 2012

New friends and new layouts

Sherry's layout

So last week I was lucky enough to make some lovely new scrapping friends, Bee Clarkson of Fantasia, LeAnne Payne of Scrapbooking Australia and Prima Goddess Sherry Mendoza. I had brought along some little kits for the girls and wanted to share the sweet little layout that Sherry made, I love how simple it is. Sherry added the bird rub-on which just sets it off I think.

Karyn's layout

My partner in crime Karyn Pawson also put together a layout from a RaineCloud kit, I love this little cluster, and how she has inked the lotus flower with a nice fresh green.


And what did I do? Ate tim-tams and drank hot chocolate... and did a couple of layouts. My mum had recently given me a stack of old baby photos so I guess I will be scrapping myself more than usual in the coming months! I love the feel of old photos and how they sometimes seem so clear compared to digital prints, when it should really be the other way around. Anyway, I had some shots of me teasing our dog and I wanted to give twine a go, as I hadn't used it on a layout before. Here's the result:


My layout

I like that this has turned out quite neat and tidy, and the fresh colours are really nice. The paper is Tickets Please from Echo Park's This and That collection. I'm not sure you can see it in the photo but the teal coloured patterned paper is a flocked velvet, from memory it's from Christina Re. The bluebird paperclip is from Typo.

So thank you Sherry for having me at your place, and thanks lovely ladies for letting me eat your tim-tams!


No comments:

Post a Comment