28 June 2012

White on white...

Just wanted to share a layout I have done for the Lets Get Scrappy Challenge blog, the current challenge (#36) is a special birthday edition where you can choose any of the previous challenges listed. I was inspired by the White on White #3 challenge, so I thought I'd give neutrals a go. I am usually a very colour-oriented scrapper and will decide on papers and embellishments almost purely based on colour, so this was something quite new for me.


I used an old shot of my 6 month old self, with the 'pull' tag revealing some hidden journalling on a shipping tag - I've written about my very first memory - the starburst pattern on my white vinyl pram.


I've used some yellow and white roses from D-Lish Scraps, some vintage lace which I've sewn on with yellow thread, some punched cardstock circles and a little hand embroidered starburst salvaged from a linen doily. The paper is from the Atomic Soup range by Jilibean Soup.


It was so hard not to add more colour, but I enjoyed this challenge and will probably attempt a single colour layout again soon!


What are you making this weekend?


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout! Love the sweet photo and how you scrapped it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Leonie!
    What a beautiful photo too. THanks for playing along with Shabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "neutral" palette page...very fresh and clean and such a cute photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty..love the elements you have used...Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby :)

    ReplyDelete