31 July 2012

Kraft it Up July Challenge

I really liked the theme of the July challenge at Kraft it Up... "This month we want to see a layout that tells a story of something you want/wish to do in the future... Think bucketlists, lifelong wishes etc..."

I've used my little man Tyler's wish for the future... to become a train driver. He is OBSESSED with trains, like every little boy I suppose, but he has been mad for trains for three years now and I guess we thought he'd be into cars, lego, guns, other things by now... but nope! Just trains!


The other night I overheard him telling his little sister in a very serious voice that he couldn't play with her because he was very busy and had to go to work because there was passengers waiting. And it's starting to rub off on Holly - she likes to tell me 'Tyler likes trains' and asks if we can go on train rides. Ugh, enough already kids. I know more about trains than I have ever wanted to know!


For this layout I've used some vintage train tickets, washi tape and a heart bottlecap from A Little Somethin'. I misted the background with yellow chalkboard mist and red glimmermist (although it looks more orange in the photo). Do you know what I used to mask the background? Toilet paper! :)  I was originally planning on using a serviette to make a blotched, soft-focus kind of background but couldn't find one, so loo paper was the next best thing! Misting on it didn't work out too well though, but it did make a good mask.



5 comments:

  1. like the misted block effect for the jounaling to go in...thanks for playing at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet record of a child's wish for the future. I bet in years to come you will be very glad you documented it so beautifully, the photos are really lovely and I love the misting and washi tape xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great misted journalling block Leonie. Thanks for playing along at KIU. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout, love the background and design.
    What a sweet story, that is the cutest thing....can't keep the passengers waiting hehehe..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete