04 February 2013

Challenge me Happy: song challenge

Oops, I seem to have missed the deadline for this challenge at Challenge Me Happy... the prompt was to use Gotye's song Somebody that I used to Know as inspiration for your layout - I didn't get it finished in time to submit, but I thought I'd share it here anyway. :)


I couldn't think of 'anybody that I used to know' that I'd actually want to scrap about(!), so instead I took inspiration from the film clip which features a lot of muted colours and geometric shapes.





I just doodled a heap of triangles in pencil and coloured them with my Tria markers which are basically fancy textas. Then I misted a bit over the top with this great big offcut plywood piece that I have that has triangles and circles cut out of it.



Hopefully I'll get a chance to participate in the February challenege...  this month it's 'white space'... right up my alley! 

Materials used: grey Bazzill, TA Chalkboard mists, Tria markers, Heidi Swapp buzzwords title, Crate and Glitz pp, Tim Holtz filmstrip, thread.

1 comment: